“Flying with my feet on the ground. Simple yet strong, free Spirited yet grounded” is how Mrs India Earth 2017 Finalist, Mamta Khan describes herself. The gorgeous lady who hails from Maharashtra, Mumbai is all set to represent Mumbai at the National stage in Delhi. The HR consultant turned into a homemaker is all set for Mrs Earth 2017 which will be held in New Delhi from October 4th to 6th 2017.
Mrs. India Earth 2017 is a perfect platform that admires, salutes and celebrates the power of beauty, achievements and accomplishments of married women. An opportunity to fulfill their dream, build an identity and leave a mark across.The pageant has been tagged as the pageant with a cause and we had a chat with Mamta to know more about her entire journey..
1. Tell us a little about yourself
– My name is Mamta Khan and I am a BA graduate born and bought up in Mumbai. My last job was as an HR executive in a BPO and I am currently a Home Maker with 2 kids elder Son 9yrs old and a younger Daughter 6yrs old. I strongly believe in the power of doing good and look forward to do my bit for the society in general, through the Mrs India Earth competition.
2. When did you decided you wanted to enter this pageant?
– Well, I have been thinking about it since long but always wanted to wait for the right time. I have prepared myself to be a part of this pageant and I am really looking forward to represent my city on an National stage with so many other beautiful and talented women beside me.
3. How has the journey been up till now?
– Oh, it has been beautiful, very life changing in fact. I have learnt so many new things in this entire journey that i feel really enriched. Every experience has taught me something and i have only become more confident and strong as an individual. I really want to give back to the society and I am glad I have my family to support me as well.
4. What’s the cause you are attached to?
– Women Safety is something that I really want to talk about on a platform like this because i know my voice will reach to a larger audience. Even today, somewhere, right from a 6month old child to a 60yr old lady is unsafe and we say we are going ‘Digital’ and forward. Really, are we? I feel Education and creating an awareness is something that can solve most of the concerns in our country. Especially Education to a Girl Child should be made compulsory. As woman is the one who makes and brings up a family. She is responsible to create the Man of tomorrow. She definitely has the power to bring the change.
I also feel strongly for Animals and am working in my own little way for their welfare. I would like our society to educate the younger generation, the kids to love and help Animals, as we as humans have the capability to help them
5. What’s the message for our readers?
– I have always believed in this saying…’Live Life Queen Size’. All it takes to live your life to the fullest is courage – nothing more and nothing less. Be happy and content with whatever you have and always believe in the power of doing good, in the power of magic! Living life to the fullest, or making every moment count, starts with taking our own decisions and believing in those decisions. It’s almost impossible to have no regrets in life but the risks that are never taken will never become a part of your life. Falling in love, travelling, making peace, helping society, staying healthy etc. whatever it may be that someone wants to do, should do it. Think of it like that maybe living a meaningful, passionate life has nothing to do with its length and everything to do with its width- YES, LIVE LIFE QUEEN SIZE!